Monday, December 5, 2011

Identity Management

Its amazing how we can have so many identities, especially online. When I participate on different social sites I sought of represent myself in different types of ways. For example, I have a facebook account, linked in and I also blog frequently but they each represent a different image of me.

Linkedin is my professional self what i ought to be. I say it is what I ought to be because with this account I present myself in a profession manner at all times, my profile picture is me in business attire, I speak very properly and present myself in a behavior which I don't execute on a daily basis.

When I blog it is my ideal self, I type funny comments and use an alter ego name. When I am blogging it as if I become this totally different person who is not shy and very outspoken which isn't my personality at all.

Facebook is my actual self presented how i am. On facebook I present myself how I do on a daily basis because it is just my friends who see my profile, wall post and pictures. I feel as if I can just be me on facebook because I know no anonymous people can view my page because its private.

No comments:

Post a Comment